POLICY ON MAKING PAYMENTS OVERSEAS FROM THE UK
- At the infant trust we only work in collaboration with partners in South Africa.
- For every piece of work we undertake, or every grant we give, that costs in excess of over £1000 we will always have a service agreement with our partners about what work is to be undertaken, why the work is important, when the work will be completed, when the monitoring and evaluation reports will be expected, how long the programme will last and the payment terms.
- Each service agreement will be signed by the infant trust Chief Executive and the lead person with our partner organisation
- No payments will be made unless the terms of the agreement are met.
- Each foreign payment, when it falls due, will be signed off against the service agreement by the Chief Executive and countersigned by one of the two Trustees authorised by the bank.
- All the agreements and accounts will be routinely scrutinised by our auditors.
- All our projects and partners will be visited at least once every year to maintain contact, ask relevant questions, monitor progress and visit the beneficiaries.
This policy was formally agreed at a meeting of the Board in June 2015. It will be reviewed again in 2018.