POLICY - Internet research
Whilst undertaking work and/or research on behalf of the infant trust it is sometimes necessary for officers or trustees of the charity to search and check the internet for issues related to abuse, rape and sexual assault of infants and children. It is possible that, whilst in a legitimate search for information to further the cause and work of the charity, the said officers or trustees may stumble across internet sites containing illegal and/or immoral pictures or data.
Any trustee or officer of the infant trust must:
- note the name of the website then immediately leave such a site,
- not download or save any such information
- report any such suspicious images/information to the appropriate authorities and the Chief Executive of the infant trust
- keep a record of the date and time should any such event occur.
- not keep or store any information that could be considered illegal under current national laws
This policy was once again reviewed and agreed at a meeting of the Board in June 2015. It will be reviewed again in 2018.