Volunteers..... How can you help us?
Become an infant trust AMBASSADOR and raise 2p or 200p or £2,000 … we’ll give you a badge and if you raise most, out of all our Ambassadors in any year, we’ll thank you profusely – and give you another badge! Here are some ideas to persuade folks to part with their hard earned cash: -
- If you use Ebay – donate a proportion of your selling price … it’s easy to do when you set up selling something .. they even ask you if you want to give money, so look for the prompt.
- Use Everyclick as your search engine – go to charities.everyclick.com/about-everyclick and there are clear directions
- Set up a regular donation to the infant trust through payroll giving – this way your monthly donation can be transformed at no cost to you, for example, if you pledge £15 per month it costs you £11.70 and we still get £15. Great. If your employer doesn’t know about it, then TELL them! There is lots of information at payrollgivingcentre.org.uk/index.htm
- Suggest a ‘dress down’ day at work for charity and send us the proceeds, or persuade your Board to ‘adopt’ us as your charity
- Hold a charity evening for your friends with any of the direct sell companies
- Give talks about our work to parents groups, school governors, 6th forms … anyone … and ask them to support us – we will give you an information pack to help.
- Sponsor anything through www.justgiving.com/infanttrust - a swim, a marathon, a walk, a sleep, a hair cut, a bath in goat’s milk … anything.
- Give us a direct donation or set up a standing order/direct debit, and we’ll do the rest. CAF bank sort code 40-52-40, account number 00013152, in the name of the infant trust
- Make an anonymous donation through the website
- Give us the names of people you know are likely to be both sympathetic to our work, and to protecting small children at risk – we can do the rest
What does £100 buy us?
The specialist training of a crèche leader to recognise and deal with abuse.
What does £50 buy us?
Special toys to help small children express what has happened so the healing can begin.
The stipend for a month for a trained volunteer to visit and help protect 6 vulnerable children/families.
What does £25 buy us?
Travel for an abused child for 3 months to a specialist centre where they can receive the medical-psychological help they need.
We concentrate our efforts on trying to prevent all kinds of abuse against small children: black, white, coloured, rich, poor, deprived or privileged, and helping children who have often been horribly abused. Breaking the cycle means working with communities, families and potential abusers as well as children.